After getting past the New Year, Superbowl Sunday and in preparation for the upcoming St. Patty’s Day parties and Summer Concert/BBQ season, I thought it was time to do a post about drinking and driving.
Rules of blood alcohol level limits vary in each state, as do open container regulations and legal actions if you are caught not abiding the law. I guess since I’m a mother to be, I have become much more cautious on the road and very aware of other drivers (especially on nights like NYE where I was the DD), and I thought it would be good to throw my two cents out there.
Don’t get me wrong – I’m no saint . . . but when you are a mother it’s like a switch turns on and everything you do now is for the child, or in protection of the child. Even though I do partake in one or two glasses of wine with dinner (when I’m not pregnant), there have been instances where that intake was three glasses instead, and I was probably over the limit even though I didn’t feel like it after a good meal and 3 hours at dinner.
So, as I’ve gotten older and (**cough, ahem, wiser**) I never want to put myself or others in potential danger again. Here are some tips, and information on alcohol and driving while intoxicated that may help you or someone you love in the future. Below are sites that will cover legal BAC levels per state, breathalyzers for sale, DUI/DWI laws, Open Container Laws and Uber info (a definite must over drinking and driving).
- Legal BAC Limits: Some states have lowered the legal BAC limit so much, that only one drink at dinner is acceptable, therefore, it’s good to know what your state’s legal limit is. BAC per state: http://www.breathalyzeralcoholtester.com/state-bac-limits
- Breathalyzers for Sale: https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=breathalyzers+for+sale
- DUI/DWI Laws: http://www.dallasdwilawyer.org/dallas-dwi-information/some-things-you-should-to-know-about-dwi/
- Open Container Laws: http://www.ncsl.org/research/financial-services-and-commerce/open-container-and-consumption-statutes.aspx
- Why Uber rocks: http://guardianinterlock.com/blog/drinking-and-driving-uber/